Integrating Environmental Health Practice
About this course
Page last updated 1 September 2016
Integrating Environmental Health Practice will be delivered in a variety of ways, requiring you to utilise the skills of independent learning.
A holistic view is developed, setting health risks and interventions in a wider context and in consideration of partnership, multi-agency roles and working practices in achieving objectives in public and environmental health.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge base relating to your Environmental Health experiences and to extend this into the wider context and area of practice.
- Develop and critically evaluate a range of practical theories, ideas and models, including overcoming dilemmas and finding ways forward in problematic situations.
- Research, analyse and evaluate information to identify interrelationships between wider systems in which Environmental Health work is located.
- Develop innovative ways forward in complex and unpredictable situations.
- Effectively evidence your skills, attributes, knowledge and experience in support of job applications.
- Understand the importance of continuing professional development in Environmental Health Practice.
- Critically evaluate thinking, action and structural factors operating in the area of environmental Health Practice, including underlying assumptions, and identifying implications for wider systems beyond the area of practice.
- Evaluate alternative implications of different issues and courses of action and can reflect on own and others" functioning in order to improve practice.
- Evaluate and manage dilemmas and value-conflicts.
- Evaluate and act on inter-relationships between wider systems in which Environmental Health practice is located.
- Demonstrate a level of personal and contextual awareness and the ability to adjust approach according to need.
CIEH Accredited/BSc Hons or MSc/PGdip Environmental Health
Careers / Further study
This module can contribute towards:
The CIEH Portfolio in Professional Practice.
- Develop understanding of the concepts which underpin environmental health and are fundamental to thinking and practice as a professional, through participation in case studies
- Examination and application of the holistic nature of environmental health knowledge and skills in complex environmental and public health situations
- Employability skills - personal development planning, making applications, CVs, selection and continuing professional development
Learning and Teaching
The module will be delivered through a series of workshops, case studies and one to one sessions with allocated tutors. Reflective practice is integral to the approach taken in this module and assessment.
35 hours scheduled contact time through a blended learning approach and individual mentoring.
How to apply
You will apply online for your CPD modules, which you can take as stand-alone courses or as part of an undergraduate (level 3) or postgraduate (Masters level) programme.
Our how to apply page can assist you with further information prior to submitting your online application.
For further information
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 81158