Contemporary Issues in Advancing Health Practice
Level 3 and Masters level module
About this course
Page last updated 1 September 2016
The Contemporary Issues in Advancing Health Practice module will explore and identify healthcare policy and context of specialist and advanced practice roles on healthcare delivery of services.
Entry requirementsRegistered healthcare professional (as per statutory professional body requirements) working towards advancing healthcare practice.
Consideration of the impact of healthcare policy, the context of work and new ways of working in advancing roles from 3 levels or perspectives:
- Micro i.e. impact on self in relation to using and evaluating healthcare policy and new modes of working to deliver effective services, personal values, Role conflict, negotiated boundary definitions, professional judgement and defending decisions, influencing the organisation
- Meso i.e. impact on interpersonal relations and processes e.g. impact on others such as the service user, colleagues, role conflict, power etc)
- Macro which includes organisational and systemic policies and drivers for service delivery and change (e.g. workforce models, work policies etc), national policy drivers and if appropriate international/global influences and initiatives on the changing face of healthcare provision.
To appreciate the present and contemporary changes in healthcare provision an analysis of historical and contemporary government initiatives which influence health care provision will be addressed.
- Changing culture of contemporary healthcare
- Exploration of the skills needed to change working cultures and practices which will include for example change management, the role of leadership, collaboration, influencing and negotiating within the policy context, power and hierarchy within healthcare, business planning and making a business case
Supplementary fee information
Please visit full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Funding may be available to support your learning. Please contact your Trust Education Lead. If you work in the Private, Independent and Voluntary Sector, please contact your employer who will advise you.
Please see our timetable for full date information.
How to apply
You will apply online for your CPD modules, which you can take as stand-alone courses or as part of an undergraduate (level 3) or postgraduate (Masters level) programme.
Our how to apply page can assist you with further information prior to submitting your online application.
For further information
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 81158