CPD Coaching Sessions
About this course
Page last updated 21 October 2016
Bristol Business School's portfolio of short CPD courses offers you and your business flexible learning solutions.
We have a range of CPD courses in: Finance and Strategic Planning; Coaching and Mentoring; Human Resource Management and Personal Development; Project Management, and Marketing.
Our courses are delivered by experienced academics and consultants, who apply their expertise and cutting-edge thinking with a practical focus.
Who is it for?
These sessions are designed for those of you who are coaching/mentoring within your role and are looking to gain feedback on coaching through submitting coaching records for evaluation and feedback by one of our experience tutors.
You could be looking to; develop your professional skills, maintain your CPD in coaching and/or mentoring or to get accost effective form of supervision using your written reflections.
There are no formal entry requirements, however if you are looking to register for one or more of these session you should:
- Have experience of coaching and/ or mentoring
- Formally reviewing and reflecting on coaching and/ or mentoring activities or planning to do so
Careers / Further study
What does it cover?
These sessions will allow you to submit up to 25 hours worth of coaching records for evaluation, monitoring against best practice and constructive feedback from an experienced tutor.
You will also be eligible to attend our monthly peer coaching learning sets to draw from other people's experiences and develop your style, approach and skills of coaching and/or mentoring.
These records can then form the basis of your portfolio for both, or either, the postgraduate, 30 credit module, in Professional Practice in Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring and the ILM level 7 Diploma in Executive Coaching and Mentoring.
What do I get out of it?
- Continuing professional development in coaching and/ or mentoring
- Cost effective supervision
- Professional contact with other coaches/ mentors
- Opportunities to discuss professional issues and topics
- Gain constructive feedback from academic tutors and fellow professionals
- Updating of knowledge and skills
- Access to UWE library as a member of the public
- Access to UWE networks and information updates
- Chance to collect evidence and assessment materials toward academic and ILM professional qualifications in easy stages
Benefits for employers
If employed this offers:
- Security - monitored ethical practice ensuring an excellent service for the end user
- Assurance that coaching/ mentoring is being evaluated
- Development of staff through regular updating of skills and knowledge
- Expanding networks in the region
- Increased professionalism of coaching/ mentoring service
- Promoting service in the region
There is no formal assessment offered. However these marked coaching records can be used to meet the assessment criteria for achieving the ILM Level 7 Diploma in Executive Coaching and Mentoring or towards the post graduate Professional Practice in Executive Coaching and Leadership Mentoring, if undertaken within 3 years of starting the process.
Our CPD courses are run at our dedicated Executive Development Centre, providing a professional environment for your training needs.
Located at Frenchay Campus, with easy access to the M4 and M5 motorways and Bristol Parkway rail station, it has four fully equipped training rooms, a communications and reception area.
Supplementary fee information
£350 per session
Please note the early bird discount is not available on this course.
How to apply
For all enquiries please complete our online enquiry form or contact us on the number below.
For further information
- Email: Please contact us on the enquiry form above.
- Telephone: 0117 32 87408