Accelerated Graduate Development Programme
About this course
- Course code:
- Professional/Short Course
- Bristol Business School
- 12 month programme of 3 x 2 day workshops at 4 month intervals
- Course director:
- Stephen Batty
- Key fact:
- 95% of our students are in their first job within 6 months of graduating from UWE
Page last updated 10 January 2017
This course has been specifically designed for those who have graduated from any university in the last 3 years and who are either currently employed or looking to gain employment.
Here at UWE Bristol we recognise the need to provide employers with graduates who are 'work-ready' and able to contribute to all areas of a business environment to provide value, increased productivity and potential leadership skills.
With 95% of our students in their first job within 6 months of graduating, this course is open to all those graduates starting their careers with their first employer. The programme outline is a combination of seminars and workshops as well as e-learning packages for a total of 6 days over a year's duration. Tutorials are included within the course for additional guidance.
Learning outcomes include core skills within recognised key areas such as project management through an APM Fundamentals accreditation as well as a unique profitability and leadership workshop and class and e-learning modules leading to a Development Award within ILM Level 5 in Management and Leadership.
We also focus on the 'soft-skills' of influence, presence and decision-making which are, we believe, essential qualities of excellent team players and successful employees in competitive business environments.
There is no limit to size, shape or type of employer able to put their graduates through this programme and benefits for them from this include contribution to increased profitability and productivity, better identification of talent and savings in valuable time and resources.
The graduates themselves become better immersed in management structure, strategic planning, process and understanding of team dynamics and they develop excellent business skills through a combination of modern, conceptual learning into the workplace for maximum result.
Participants must have graduated from university within the past 3 years from any subject area.
- Personal development as a manager and leader; the power of networks and influencing without authority
- Strategic leadership; crafting a business case and strategic planning
- Introduction to APM Fundamentals; planning and conducting a management project
E Learning Packages:
- APM Fundamentals E Learning (12 hours) to continue to end of Workshop 1
- Start of Work based assignment (12 hours) linked to Development Award to continue to end of Workshop 2
- Marketing: tools, techniques, meeting stakeholder and quality needs
- Emotional Intelligence: workplace advantages
- Introduction to organisational financial management
E Learning Packages:
- Finance for Non-Finance Managers E Learning (20 hours)
- APM Fundamentals Examination
- Profitability Leadership Simulation 'Magnetic Leadership' workshop session
- Team based decision making; experiential case and strategic management
- Receipt of ILM Development Award Certificate
- Completion of work-based assignment
- Finance for Non-Finance Managers Examination
The benefits for the Employer
- contribution to company growth and productivity
- helping you to attract the best talent and offer motivation, leading to loyalty and retention
- identifying potential leaders and consolidating your talent pipeline
- efficient integration into your company culture with a sound understanding of the wider fundamentals of successful business
- savings in valuable trainingtime, including E learning options
The benefits for the Graduate Employee
- increased confidence and understanding of business practice
- highlighting leadership skills which can be further developedthrough the programme
- maximising employability and early career prospects
- professional awards available to reflect professional competence and enhance CV
- options to tailor the programme to meet individual needs and maximise engagement
- optional assessments to create personal development andqualification
- learning and networking opportunities
Supplementary fee information
Full fee: £2,500
20% early bird discount fee: £2,000 (for bookings paid in full 8 weeks or more in advance)
(Fees include course materials, car parking, lunch and refreshments, along with ILM certification and exam fees for the AMP Fundamentals and Finance for Non Financial Managers exams)
We do not currently have any dates for this course, please complete our enquiry form to register your interest.
Frenchay Campus, UWE Bristol.
How to apply
For all enquiries and to join our mailing list, please complete our online enquiry form or contact us on the number below.
UWE hosts the Bristol Distinguished Address Series, featuring influential speakers such as Sir Winfried Bischoff, Chairman, Financial Reporting Council & JP Morgan Securities plc and Sir Richard Broadbent, Chairman of Tesco PLC. Following the intensive day session, we will invite you to a hosted peer to peer dinner, followed by attendance and networking at the Address Series event.
For further information
- Email: Please contact us via the online enquiry form above
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 86377