Social Marketing: A Practical Approach to Changing Behaviour
About this course
Page last updated 16 November 2016
Social marketing is an approach used to develop activities aimed at changing or maintaining people's behaviour for the benefit of individuals and society as a whole.
Combining ideas form commercial marketing and the social sciences, social marketing is a proven tool for influencing behaviour in a sustainable and cost effective way. It helps you to decide the following:
- Which people to work with?
- What behaviour to influence?
- How to go about it?
- How to measure it?
The goal of social marketing is always to change or maintain how people behave not what they think or how aware they are about an issue.
By the end of the programme you will have:
- A clear understanding of what constitutes social marketing, what it can achieve and its limitations.
- A clear knowledge and understanding of social marketing principles.
And be able to:
- Apply a range of appropriate tools to resolve a range of social problems.
- Develop recommendations for behavioural change interventions.
- Analyse the complexities that underpin the attitudes and beliefs of behaviour.
- Understand the environmental, economic and social factors that may enhance or inhibit socal marketing interventions.
- Create practical strategies and tactics in order to design, implement and evaluate social marketing interventions.
Supplementary fee information
Full fee: £390.00
20% early bird discount fee: £312.00 (for bookings paid in full 8 weeks or more in advance)
Please note that discounts cannot be used in conjunction with each other. The greatest discount available will be applied at your booking confirmation.
(Fees include car parking, lunch and refreshments)
Monday 13 and Tuesday 14 March 2017
How to apply
For all enquiries, please complete our online enquiry form or contact us on the number below.
To make a full or provisional booking for the March 2017 run of our course please complete our online booking form
For further information
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 83770