Introduction to SPSS
About this course
- Course code:
- Professional/Short Course
- Engineering Design and Mathematics
- Frenchay Campus
- One day
- Professional short course delivered through both taught and practical sessions.
- Programme leader:
- For enquiries relating to course content or suitability for you, please e-mail Dr Paul White or telephone on +44 (0)117 32 83145.
Page last updated 8 February 2017
We offer one-day short courses covering different aspects of applied statistics. Courses are non-credit bearing and are designed for quick learning of the material covered.
Fees include refreshments and lunch. Any course materials, including pre-reading, are included in the fee.
Overseas students need to have, in advance of application, either a valid student visa or evidence of residency status in the UK.
We would expect you to have a familiarity with the Windows operating system and an interest in wanting to learn how to use SPSS.
This one-day course provides a comprehensive guided tour of the data management procedures in SPSS. It covers data entry, data management, coding of data, an introduction to SPSS syntax, as well as creating and designing graphics and tables. It is suitable for those who have not used SPSS before and no prior knowledge is assumed.
Time will be made in the afternoon to discuss any analysis that you are currently doing or aim to do.
This is a non-credit bearing course and no assessment will be undertaken. You will receive a certificate of attendance on completion of the course.
Supplementary fee information
- External participants £195
- UWE Alumni and Staff (including those registered as PhD students) £100
- UWE PhD and Masters students £60
There are currently no dates available for this course. Please contact us to register your interest and we will let you know when the course is next scheduled to run.
How to apply
For all enquiries, please complete our online enquiry form or contact us on the number below.
For further information
- Email: For all course queries, please complete the online enquiry form above.
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 87166