Inference using R
About this course
- Course code:
- Professional/Short Course
- Engineering Design and Mathematics
- One day from 10.00 to 16.00
- Short course delivered through both taught and practical sessions.
- Programme leader:
- For enquiries relating to course content or suitability for you, please email Dr Paul White or telephone on +44 (0)117 32 83145.
Page last updated 1 September 2016
We offer one-day short courses covering different aspects of applied statistics. Courses are non-credit bearing and are designed for quick learning of the material covered. Fees include refreshments and lunch. Any course materials, including pre-reading, are included in the fee.
Overseas students need to have, in advance of application, either a valid student visa or evidence of residency status in the UK.
R is a statistical software package and statistical programming language, which provides a huge variety of tools for statistical analysis. It is the most widely used free statistical software in academia, and the most sought after statistical programming skill in industry.
This course is suitable for those who have already started using the R programming language, and would like to use the statistical modelling functions offered by R. It therefore extends the material of the Introduction to R course. An understanding of simple linear regression is assumed.
Topics taught include multiple linear regression (with numerical and categorical predictors), generalized linear regression (with numerical and categorical outcomes), and analysis of variance.
This is a non-credit bearing course and no assessment will be undertaken. You will receive a certificate of attendance on completion of the course.
Supplementary fee information
- External participants £195
- UWE Alumni and Staff (including those registered as PhD students) £100
- UWE PhD and Masters students £60
There are currently no dates available for this course. Please contact us to register your interest and we will let you know when the course is next scheduled to run.
How to apply
For all enquiries, please complete our online enquiry form or contact us on the number below.
For further information
- Email: For all course queries, please complete the online enquiry form above.
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 87166