Best Interest Assessor Refresher Training
About this course
Page last updated 12 April 2017
All Best Interest Assessors (BIAs) must by law refresh their knowledge and skills, relevant to the role, every 12 months post qualifying.
The academic team responsible for the Best Interest Assessment module (UZVSBP303) are now running this one day refresher courses with the aim to support BIAs maintain their knowledge of the current legal framework for practice and explore current practice challenges.
This course is suitable for qualified BIAs.
Learning objectives include:
- Current guidance on key BIA decisions including restriction or deprivation of liberty, assessing capacity, best interests etc.
- Recent research and guidance relevant to BIA practice.
- Plans for changes to the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards legislation and wider human rights legal context.
- Refreshing knowledge and skills on other assessments e.g. No Refusals and Eligibility.
- Good practice in BIA recording.
- Case study and other learning activities relevant to BIA practice.
Supplementary fee information
Refreshments, course notes and certificate of attendance included.
Friday 12 May 2017