Professional/ShortCourse Skills Bootcamp in Digital Marketing - Employed Learners
Page last updated 12 October 2023
Our exciting Skills Bootcamp is designed for individuals looking to boost their digital marketing skills with their current employer, develop their knowledge and enhance their career opportunities.
Funded by West of England Combined Authority, our 10-week bootcamp will give you the skills and knowledge you require to become a competent digital marketer. Each week will focus on a specific area of digital marketing to develop your fundamental knowledge and then build your skills through interactive activities.
As you move through the training you will develop your own portfolio of work to transfer your learning into practice and achieve the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI) Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing.
Alongside technical digital marketing skills, you will also be supported to implement a personal development plan with your employer, to bring your new skills into the workplace for immediate impact.
Gain the DMI Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing qualification
As part of your learning, you will be registered onto the DMI Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing qualification. This accreditation will boost your CV and showcase your newly developed skills to your employer.
Who is it for?
Our Skills Bootcamp is specifically aimed at individuals who are looking to develop their career in digital marketing through their current employer.
The structure of our sessions, means it is suitable for both learners who are either completely new to digital marketing activity, but are looking to start to undertake this as part of the current or new role, and individuals currently working in a marketing capacity looking to develop their skills around digital marketing.
Our bootcamps are open to individuals and businesses located in the West of England region (Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath and Northeast Somerset, and North Somerset). While each cohort has a primary targeted audience, we will consider applications from anyone who meets the following basic eligibility criteria:
- Be aged 19
- Not currently in full-time or part-time education
- Has the right to live and work in the UK
- Lives or works for an organisation based in in Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset or North Somerset (we will also consider applicants who live close to these boundaries)
- Have not registered and attended (including partial completion) any other skills bootcamp in the current financial year from any provider.
- Does not hold a qualification in digital marketing at level 6 or above
We are particularly keen to receive applications from individuals looking to upskill, who work for SME organisations.
What is my commitment as a learner?
For each bootcamp you will be required to:
- Attend all in-person tutor lead sessions held at Frenchay Campus, Bristol, BS16 1QY
- Complete online self-study sessions
- Complete and submit all portfolio tasks following each weekly session
- Undertake exam preparation and sit the DMI online exam within 2 months of bootcamp completion
- Agree to provide mandatory personal data and supplementary information on your employment outcomes for up to 6 months following completion of the Skills Bootcamp
- Be looking for a new role, new opportunities or increased responsibility/promotion to a different role which utilises the skills acquired through the Skills Bootcamp with your current employer
What is my commitment as an employer?
Employers are able to utilise the bootcamp to upskill existing staff and provide development opportunities within their organisation. As an employer you will be expected to:
1. Release your employee to attend all required sessions
2. Attend a short online employer interview with our team to understand the bootcamp requirements and employer agreement document
3. Provide one of the following opportunities to your employee within 4 months of the bootcamp completion
- An increase in salary
- An interview for a new role, promotion, or interview to take on new responsibility
- Additional responsibilities given to the learner i.e.
a. Learner taking on additional project work related to learning completed (minimum of 6 months)
b. Proving the learner with additional responsibilities within their existing role (minimum of 6 months)
What the Skills Bootcamp aims to develop
|Knowledge & Skills||Desirable Attributes|
Learning and Teaching
As part of your bootcamp learning, you will not only be guided through the required content to understand the fundamentals of digital marketing and pass your DMI exam but will be support by our Cohort Mentor & Coach to consider how you can maximize the impact of your new skills and reach your future career aspirations.
On successful completion of the Skills Bootcamp, you will receive:
- A digital badge from UWE Bristol demonstrating your attendance and learning through the taught sessions and portfolio tasks
- The DMI Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing, through successful completion of the 2 hours exam (pass mark is 60%)
The DMI Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing is an industry relevant qualification which will help showcase your newly developed skills to your current and future employers.
As a student member of the DMI, you will get access to an extensive toolkit of resources, e-books, podcasts, lessons and much more, all of which can greatly support your learning and career beyond this training.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
Our Skills Bootcamp usually consists of 10 weekly taught sessions over 11 weeks (this includes a break for half-term).
September 2023 cohort
Our Skills Bootcamp taking place from September 2023 is now full. Please submit an Expression of Interest (see link below) to be notified about future Skills Bootcamps in Digital Marketing.
Our Skills Bootcamps are usually funded through the West of England Combined Authority. For individuals looking to upskill within their current employment, a 10-30% employer contribution is required.
How to apply
How to apply
At present, we have closed recruitment for the Skills Bootcamp running September - November 2023.
Please complete our online expression of interest form if you would like to be notified about future cohorts.
For further information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0117 328 1043 (option 1 then option 3)