Evidencing Learning from Experience
About this course
Page last updated 18 September 2018
This module aims to enhance your knowledge, skills and understanding in relation to the effective leadership and management/teaching and learning in your teaching subject specialism, curriculum area or area of professional practice.
During the module you will:
- Identify significant learning events in your professional development of appropriate scope/depth.
- Create a portfolio of evidence that articulates clearly learning events and critically analyses/evaluates the significance of that learning to your professional development, synthesising/transforming associated ideas in the development of a line of argument.
- Reflect upon your professional learning in context, to identify the significance of relevant contextual factors, engaging critically with that contextual significance and show through reflective commentary that you can analyse and evaluate the relationship between theory and practice in the workplace.
- Critically evaluate your professional development needs and/or outcomes.
Careers / Further study
Upon completion of this module, you may wish to apply for one of the following courses. This module would count for 30 credits of the Masters or Postgraduate course.
- MA Education; MA Ed (Early Years)
- PG Dip Education; PG Dip Education (Early Years)
- PG Cert Education; PG Cert Education (Early Years)
On successful completion of this module you will be able to:
- Identify significant learning events in your professional development of appropriate scope and/or depth of enquiry.
- Demonstrate congruence with intended programme aims and learning outcomes.
- Articulate clearly the learning outcomes associated with those learning events and to critically analyse and/or evaluate the significance of that learning to your professional development, synthesising and/or transforming associated ideas in the development of a line of argument.
- Reflect upon your professional learning in context, to identify the significance of relevant contextual factors, engaging critically with that contextual significance.
- Show through reflective commentary that you can analyse and evaluate the relationship between theory and practice in the workplace and critically evaluate your professional development needs and/or outcomes.
- Take independent and self-critical responsibility for your own work.
- Evidence your learning from experience.
Learning and Teaching
The module teaching and learning methods will comprise:
- Induction workshop.
- Structured portfolio guidance, complemented by support workshops.
- Individual tutorials (face-to-face and e-tutorials).
- Scheduled learning tutorials.
Independent learning includes hours engaged with essential reading, assignment preparation and completion etc.
A portfolio evidencing professional learning from experience, the written commentary not to exceed the relevant word length for an associated module of comparable size (5,000 words).
- You will provide a portfolio of evidence, including a written commentary and a witnessed declaration of authenticity.
- Documentation generated in the process of producing the assignment will be made available upon request.
- You must demonstrate to the supervising tutor that the work submitted does not duplicate work previously submitted to assessment for other modules within the intended programme.
Supplementary fee information
September run: Start date 18 September 2017 - 12 February 2018
January run: Start date 15 January 2018 - 25 May 2018