The Transformational Dimensions of Life Long Learning
About this course
Page last updated 18 September 2018
On successful completion of this module you will be able to:
- Articulate and investigate a range of transformational dimensions of lifelong learning, within personal and/or social contexts.
- Critically analyse the significance of issues of equality, diversity, inclusion and social justice related to the transformational dimensions of lifelong learning.
- Interrogate the basis of your own value position in relation to your area of study and critically analyse associated claims to knowledge.
- Develop an academic argument which makes use of the critical analysis of complex, competing and contradictory perspectives on the transformational dimensions of lifelong learning.
- Present your learning to others in a scholarly manner.
Careers / Further study
Upon completion of this module, you may wish to apply for one of the following courses. This module would count for 30 credits of the Masters or Postgraduate course.
- MA Education; MA Ed (Early Years)
- PG Dip Education; PG Dip Education (Early Years)
- PG Cert Education; PG Cert Education (Early Years)
This module is designed to match the learning needs of a wide range of participants engaged in the field of lifelong learning.
It will provide negotiated opportunities for personal reflection, library based enquiry and/or empirical enquiry into the transformational dimensions of lifelong learning within personal and/or social contexts. This may include discussion and enquiry into changes and developments in relation to policy and practice in the field of lifelong learning and/or exploration of the experiential dimensions of lifelong learning through autobiographical and/or life history enquiry.
Learning and Teaching
Scheduled learning includes: Learning Set discussions, workshops, directed readings, seminars.
Independent learning includes: Hours engaged with essential reading, assignment preparation and completion etc.
The assessment strategy allows flexibility for you to explore various transformational dimensions in lifelong learning.
A poster presentation to peers and tutors echoes the ethos of the module of discussion and critical reflection of transformational dimensions within lifelong learning situations; whilst a written portfolio of reflective/enquiry-based tasks through negotiation with your module tutor enables scope for personal and contextualised topics, relevant to your role.
Supplementary fee information
September run: Start date 25 September 2017 - 25 May 2018.
January run: Start date 15 January 2018 - 25 May 2018.