Paramedics Conversion course
Accelerating Learning for Professionals - Level 1
About this course
Page last updated 18 September 2018
This Accelerating Learning for Professionals (Paramedic conversion) module is an exciting move forward if you would like to accelerate your progress toward a degree. It will equip you with the skills required to study at level 2.
You will be able to identify your professional and educational needs through diagnostic assessment culminating in an action learning plan.
You must be a registered paramedic, nurse or healthcare practitioner.
Tools and frameworks for learning
- Further development of professional practice
- Approaches to learning
- Application and the use of learning contracts
- Concepts of lifelong learning
- Frameworks for reflection
- Principles of self awareness/self disclosure
- Self management
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Negotiating skills
- Sustaining and managing learning for change
Using evidence to underpin professional practice
- An introduction to assessing and evaluating evidence
- Sources of knowledge in personal and professional decision making
- Sources of evidence, definitions of and approaches to research
- The advantages and limitations of research based evidence
- Accountability: justifying professional decisions and actions
- Structure of literature, e.g. primary and secondary sources
- Types of information, e.g. statistics, official publications, non-print media
- Access to and organisation of sources of information
- Searching and reviewing the literature
- Assessing the suitability of information sources
- Data presentation and interpretation
- Skills in communicating and presenting information
Learning and Teaching
You will be able to:
- Explore ways in which the individual can maximise learning opportunities in their own practice environment
- Identify the contribution of research to professional practice
- Develop an analytical approach to appraising evidence
- Explore the ways in which learning may affect professional and practice development
- Demonstrate a problem solving approach to the analysis of professional practice
- Reflect and assess your own strengths and learning needs in the professional role
- Examine the nature of evidence and its impact on professional practice
- Develop skills in communicating and presenting information
- Demonstrate information retrieval skills
- Make the use of information and communication technology appropriately to support the above.
The emphasis of this level 1 module will be on facilitating the diverse needs of a range of highly experienced practitioners through a multiple learning approaches. Information retrieval skills, small group work, action learning, seminar work and work-based learning will also be a focus in the delivery of the module and you will be encouraged to draw on your own practice to promote discussion and applications of concepts.
4000 word personal development profile. You will be required to complete a formative assessment during the module.
There is currently no published fee data for this course.
Supplementary fee information
Please visit full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Funding may be available to support your learning. Please contact your Trust Education Lead. If you work in the Private, Independent and Voluntary Sector, please contact your employer who will advise you.
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.