Professional course Synoptic Module (without V100)
Page last updated 4 October 2021
This module is only for students studying on the Specialist Community Public Health Nursing Programme or as part of Specialist Practice qualifications.
A variety of approaches will be used in the Synoptic Module (without v100) which may include; the use of workshops to explore the relevant theory.
The individual approach to the module will be determined and explored both through a supervisory relationship with an academic member of staff and through a work-based relationship with a mentor in practice.
For those undertaking the BSc (Hons) Specialist Practice programme (incorporating the NMC Specialist Practice Qualification) 72 hours have been assigned as part of the module requirement to ensure protected practice learning hours allowing you to explore and evaluate your workplace and your role within it, whilst in practice.
For SCPHN students, please refer to the consolidated practice handbook.
UZTS7M-20-3 Current Issues in Community Practice (for those students undertaking the BSc (Hons) Specialist Practice incorporating the NMC Specialist Practice Qualification (SPQ)).
Must be working in an appropriate environment to meet the learning outcomes.
Careers / Further study
This is a compulsory module in the Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) programme. If you wish to apply for the full SCPHN programme please contact admissions on 0117 83333.
- A review of critical frameworks and reflective models
- A review of ethical and legal frameworks for practice
Learning and Teaching
You will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the use of theoretical frameworks and reflective models
- Evaluate own approaches and perspective of change management
- Evaluate evidence utilising a theoretical framework
- Appraise personal and professional development within own role
- Analyse challenges, barriers and/or limitations to own effective work performance
- Appraise ethical and legal factors which influence working practices
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
Please visit full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Funding may be available to support your learning. Please contact your Trust Education Lead. If you work in the Private, Independent and Voluntary Sector, please contact your employer who will advise you.
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.