Community Specialist Practice
20 credit level 3 (undergraduate) module
About this course
Page last updated 18 September 2018
On completion of this level 3 module, you will be able to:
- Evidence the achievement of the NMC SPQ standards (District Nursing) and practice hours.
- Critically reflect on your learning and development over the course of the programme and identify how this will lead to improvements in care and services.
i) areas in which you can develop professionally and personally, and
ii) strategies that will support your development.
- Have an active registration as an Adult Nurse on Part One of the register
- Be working in an area of practice that allows the student to meet the module learning outcomes.
If you are undertaking the Specialist Practitioner Qualification (SPQ), you must have completed a period of experience of sufficient length to have consolidated pre-registration outcomes and to have gained a deeper understanding in relevant professional practice.
Careers / Further study
This module can contribute towards:
- BSc(Hons) Specialist Practice (District Nursing)
- MSc Specialist Practice (District Nursing)
The Theory and Practice of Action Learning (AL) (online and in AL)
- As a tool for self-development
- Application in teams and with service users
- Using AL to improve services and care
Reflective Practice (online and in AL)
- Theory and practice: key concepts
Learning and Teaching
A variety of learning approaches will be used, which may include:
- Action Learning (AL)
- ICT based platforms
- Formative assessment opportunity
A total of 48 hours in the form of seminars, Action Learning Sets and online activities.
Summative assessment includes two components:
Completion of a portfolio evidencing the achievement of the NMC Specialist Practice (SP) standards (District Nursing) and 600 hours of supervised practice.
10 minute oral presentation in which you will critically reflect on an aspect of your learning and development during the programme, and identify how this will lead to improvements in care and services.
Formative assessment will take place through supervision of group work and discussion, as well as tutorial support and review of draft work.
Supplementary fee information
Please visit full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Please note: Priority will be given to applications received through our funded educational contracts. Places on this module will be limited for applications received outside of this funding. Please check with your employer as a funded contract place may still be available to support your learning.
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.