Professional course Practice Teaching
15 credit, level 3 and Masters level module
Page last updated 2 April 2020
During the Practice Teaching 15 credit level 3 (UZUSKN-15-3) or Masters level (UZUSKP-15-M) module, a variety of approaches will be used which will include workshops, role play, discussion and reflection on practice through units of study.
You must be working in a relevant area of practice
Careers / Further study
This module can contribute towards:
- MA/MSc/PGDip/PGCert Professional Development
- BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons) GradDip/Grad Cert/Cert Professional Development
- BSc (Hons) Specialist Practice
- BSc (Hons) Public Health (Specialist Community Public Health Nursing)
- PG Dip Public Health (Specialist Community Public Health Nursing).
Establishing Effective Working Relationships
- Establishing effective working relationships in the context of inter-professional working
- Positive Role modelling and supporting students moving into specific areas of practice or a level beyond initial registration
- Supporting mentors
Facilitation of Learning
- Enable learners to relate theory to practice through the development of critical reflection
- Facilitating the integration of learning from the workplace and academic settings
- Consider effective facilitation including communication especially questioning and feedback skills
- Design, assess and evaluate professional curriculum accessed by learners at both registration level and beyond
Assessment and Accountability
- Consider accountability in the principles and practices of effective learning and assessment in the workplace
- Design and develop frameworks for support, supervision and assessment
Evaluation of Learning
- Consider the practice of others including beyond initial registration with reference to curriculum developments, design, quality assurance systems, leadership and national standards
- Lead and provide feedback about the effectiveness of learning and assessment in practice.
- Collate evidence on the quality of education relating to the professional regulatory body standards
Create and Environment for Learning
- Create an environment for learning for others including beyond initial registration
Context of Practice
- Evaluate the context of practice, practice development and change
- Prioritise work to accommodate the support of students in the context of practice
Evidence Based Practice
- Theories of adult learning and teaching
- The principles, application and professional implications of teaching, learning and assessment theories that safeguards appropriate professional standards
- Theories of Reflection
*For Nurses and Midwives only: On completion of this module stage 3, Practice Teachers will be expected to provide evidence regarding learning outcomes.
30 contact hours plus independent study, tutorials and student directed activities; totalling 30 days protected time, across the 6 months of the Practice Teaching module, in order to meet the NMC (2008) SLAiP requirements.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
Please visit full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Funding may be available to support your learning. Please contact your Trust Education Lead. If you work in the Private, Independent and Voluntary Sector, please contact your employer who will advise you.
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.