Public Health Economics
15 credit Masters level module
About this course
Page last updated 18 September 2018
Whilst studying this 15 credit, Public Health Economics masters level module, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the principles of health economics as a basis for gathering and interpreting evidence.
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding and critical awareness of the nature of economic evidence currently used as a basis for public health policy and practice.
- Reflect upon and demonstrate a critical understanding of utilitarianism as the ethical basis of economics as a discipline.
Careers / Further study
Can contribute towards MSc Public Health
- The process of economic evaluation for public health programme evaluation.
- Critique techniques of economic evaluation as part of the evidence base for public health.
- Costs and outcomes in economic evaluation.
- Critique of economic evaluation studies.
Learning and Teaching
A variety of learning approaches will be taken in which students will receive some face-to-face contact during the semester, learning resources on UWE online, group discussion boards and a tutor support system.
Supplementary fee information
Please visit full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Funding may be available to support your learning. Please contact your Trust Education Lead. If you work in the Private, Independent and Voluntary Sector, please contact your employer who will advise you.
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.