Leadership for Public Health
15 credit Masters level module
About this course
Page last updated 18 September 2018
The Leadership for Public Health Masters level module will use a variety of scheduled and independent learning methods.
Once you have completed this module you will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts of leadership theory and the key differences between management and leadership and their relevance to public health practice.
- Demonstrate communication and team working skills in relation to public health practice.
- Critically analyse the complexities of leading and motivating people in the public health arena, where one is predominantly working with multiple stakeholders.
- Understand the relationship between leadership and organisational change.
- Develop critical self-reflection skills and encourage creative problem solving and decision making in complex environments.
Leadership in the personal context
- Exploration of self as leader
- Exploration of leadership styles
- Leadership in a collaborative context (partnerships, networks and multidisciplinary teams)
- Understanding the context of leadership and exploring the basic concepts of systems and systems thinking
- Understanding how to recognise systems and how to represent and analyse them
Learning and Teaching
Learning and teaching will include; lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops, essential reading and completion of assignments.
Technology Enhanced Learning will supplement taught sessions to enable all students to access learning materials via Blackboard. In particular, you will be offered access to various online technologies that you may choose to use to support your presentations. Opportunities for online support and training will be available.
Supplementary fee information
Please visit full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Funding may be available to support your learning. Please contact your Trust Education Lead. If you work in the Private, Independent and Voluntary Sector, please contact your employer who will advise you.
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.