Post qualifying, level 3, 30 or 40 credit module
About this course
Page last updated 18 September 2018
The Dissertation will comprise individual learning contracts in order to facilitate self directed learning with a supportive facilitator. You will also be supported by workshops, which will put emphasis on your participation.
Careers / Further study
This module can contribute towards:
- BSc(Hons) Health and Social Care
- BSc(Hons) Nursing (International)
Advanced search skills:
- Critical appraisal
- Links between policy and practice
- Stakeholder perspectives including public and patient involvement
- Research methods and ethics
- Service Evaluation Theory
- Barriers to change implementation
- Writing for a professional audience
- Dissemination techniques
On successful completion of this 30 or 40 credit module, you will be able to:
- Select and develop a research method appropriate to particular research questions.
- Critically analyse ethical issues within the research process.
- Critically evaluate research and current issues in a selected area of practice.
- Demonstrate analysis and interpretation of data collected.
- Critically evaluate the findings and their applicability and implications for the development and improvement of practice.
- Articulate a coherent argument and an ability to defend that line of reasoning.
- Evaluate and reflect upon your own performance in applying the research process to your professional role.
Learning and Teaching
A variety of approaches will be used which may include:
- ICT based platforms
- Problem solving approaches
- Directed and independent learning
- Formative assessment opportunity
There will 36 hours of contact to include seminars, lecturers and online activities, inclusive of six hours of contact per student.
Assessment will be in the form of a 8,000 word assignment.
The Dissertation will take the form of a literature review on a topic relevant to your practice and to include consideration of the contribution of the evidence to service improvement.
Supplementary fee information
Please visit full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Funding may be available to support your learning. Please contact your Trust Education Lead. If you work in the Private, Independent and Voluntary Sector, please contact your employer who will advise you.
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.