Professional course On treatment review: radiotherapy
15 credit Masters level module
Page last updated 4 October 2021
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical knowledge and understanding of treatment review within the radiotherapy acute setting
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and critical evaluation of patient centred, holistic and evidence based management for patients undergoing radiotherapy
- Independently evaluate current working practices and areas for potential service development
- Critically analyse complex situations and formulate ethical solutions, arguments and strategies for change in the workplace
- Critically evaluate the role of treatment review within the therapeutic radiographers/allied health professional development
- Discuss the potential medico-legal and ethical implications for treatment review within the acute setting
- Critically evaluate the various aspects of service re-design / enhancement, whilst demonstrating an awareness of clinical legislation / governance.
You will need to have the relevant experience within the field of Oncology.
The course content includes:
- General principles of on treatment review including evidence based care, holistic management and patient centred individualised care
- Consultation and effective communication skills including theoretical frameworks and history taking
- Clinical decision making models
- Patient centred care and the multidisciplinary team
- Medico legal issues e.g. record keeping, duty of care
- Site-specific side-effect assessment and management
- Pain control management
- Psychological assessment and support
- The development and implementation of patient group directives.
Learning and Teaching
A variety of approaches will be used which may include lectures, discussions, seminars and presentations. Student centred learning is guided by work based learning and online discussions.
A 2,500 word reflective assignment will enable you to critically evaluate your specialist knowledge with regards to radiotherapy clinical practice in relation to your workplace, and reflect upon the learning outcomes accordingly whilst considering potential areas for service improvement.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
Please visit full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Funding may be available to support your learning. Please contact your Trust Education Lead. If you work in the Private, Independent and Voluntary Sector, please contact your employer who will advise you.
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.
How to apply
How to apply
You are required to apply online for your CPD modules, which you can take as stand-alone courses or as part of an undergraduate (level 3) or postgraduate (Masters level) programme.