Fundamentals of Radiographic Image Interpretation
20 credit level 3 module
About this course
Page last updated 16 September 2019
A variety of approaches will be used within the Fundamentals of Radiographic Image Interpretation module which may include formal lectures and seminar based sessions; problem and evidence based learning approaches, reflective and self-based learning, interactive reporting sessions with experienced reporting practitioners and involvement of clinical stakeholders to provide current perspectives upon the developing role of the radiographer within modern practice.
This course is CPD endorsed by the College of Radiographers.
The course syllabus covers:
Principles of radiographic image interpretation:
- Impact of disease processes and trauma on radiological appearances, critical image evaluation of frequent conventional general radiological examinations, relevant terminology and abbreviations, normal and abnormal image appearances of axial and appendicular images, pattern recognition, decision making, red dot reporting, image interpretation criteria framework and associated impact upon patient management.
Current and future developments:
- Impact of digital imaging on patient management, role of the radiographer within forensic practice and cross sectional image reporting.
- Legal and ethical responsibilities of practitioners, issues related to self-registration and professional indemnity, competence, negligence, clinical governance, clinical supervision, risk management, record and document keeping, quality control of general x-ray equipment
- Reflection and utilisation of reflective skills within modern clinical practice, implementation of reflective models, clinical decision making and self evaluation
Technology and management of information:
- Impact of modern technology infrastructures upon working practice, potential influence on image quality and patient care, health and safety issues, Government strategies, role development, data storage and security.
- Fundamental interpretation of non-radiology medical tests, application of image interpretation in a multidisciplinary environment.
Supplementary fee information
Please visit full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Funding may be available to support your learning. Please contact your Trust Education Lead. If you work in the Private, Independent and Voluntary Sector, please contact your employer who will advise you.
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.
How to apply
You are required to apply online for your CPD modules, which you can take as stand-alone courses or as part of an undergraduate (level 3) or postgraduate (Masters level) programme.