Professional/Short course Cross-sectional Anatomy for the Nuclear Medicine Practitioner
15 credit level 7 module
Page last updated 2 February 2023
On successful completion of this 15 credit Cross-sectional Anatomy for the Nuclear Medicine Practitioner level 7 (Masters level) distance learning module, you will be able to:
- Understand the regional anatomy of the head, neck and trunk
- Identify the major organs, their components, vessels and major lymphatic structures in anatomical cross-section
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of anatomical spatial relationships
- Critically assess changes to normal anatomy in Nuclear Medicine relevant disease states
- Relate structure to function and critically explore the effect of disease states on both of these
- Critically discuss the application of anatomical and pathological knowledge to professional development and service improvement
- Obtain, evaluate and synthesise information from a range of sources and use it to effectively develop understanding of cross-sectional anatomy.
The module syllabus typically covers:
Regional and cross-sectional anatomy of the head, neck and trunk
- Main organ and organ components, major lymphatic groups, relevant vascular anatomy
- Use of computed tomography cross-sectional images to exemplify anatomy
- Use of SPECT/CT images to illustrate common disease states relevant to Nuclear Medicine.
Using knowledge to support practice, and improve service delivery
- Professional role development
- Clinical decision-making.
Scheduled learning includes up to 30 hours engaged with lectures, seminars, tutorials, discussion board entries, project supervision, work based learning.
Independent learning includes upto 120 hours engaged with essential reading, case study preparation, assignment preparation and completion and reflection of learning.
The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences has an excellent reputation for the quality of its teaching and the facilities it provides.
Get a feel for the Health Professions facilities we have on offer here from wherever you are.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
Please visit full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Funding may be available to support your learning. Please contact your Trust Education Lead. If you work in the Private, Independent and Voluntary Sector, please contact your employer who will advise you.
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.
How to apply
How to apply
Please click on the Apply Now button to apply for your CPD module, which you can take as a stand-alone course or as part of an undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters level) programme.
If the course you are applying for is fully online or blended learning, please note that you are expected to provide your own headsets/microphones.
For further information
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 81158