Professional/Short course Contemporary Advances in Ultrasound Technology
15 credit level 7 module
Page last updated 2 February 2023
This 15 credit Contemporary Advances in Ultrasound Technology module will explore and address issues relating to new technology and quality assurance. You will be expected to contribute to discussions based on your own knowledge and experiences, recognise gaps in your knowledge and understanding and investigate these areas by asking questions and reading around the subject, particularly current published studies.
On successful completion of this level 7 (Masters level) module, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate in depth and critical knowledge and understanding of contemporary advances in ultrasound technology
- Critically evaluate relevant knowledge to enable optimum use of the ultrasound equipment within the current, internationally recognised recommendations for safe practice
- Design and critically evaluate a relevant investigation.
Careers / Further study
This module can contribute towards MSc Medical Ultrasound.
The module syllabus typically covers:
- Contemporary advancements
- Developments in digital signal processing and imaging- spatial and frequency compound imaging
- Non-linear propagation of ultrasound principles and tissue harmonic imaging
- Developments in transducer technology and array designs 3D and 4D ultrasound
- Contrast Enhanced Ultrasound (CEUS) - principles and micro bubble contrast agents
- High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU)
- Microbubble assisted delivery of drugs and genes
- Advances in Doppler techniques - clinical applications
- Quality control and performance checks - acceptance testing and phantoms.
The assessment will comprise a 3,000-word written assignment.
The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences has an excellent reputation for the quality of its teaching and the facilities it provides.
Get a feel for the Health Professions facilities we have on offer here from wherever you are.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
Please view our full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Funding may be available to support your learning. Please contact your Trust Education Lead. If you work in the Private, Independent and Voluntary Sector, please contact your employer who will advise you
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.
How to apply
How to apply
Please click on the Apply Now button to apply for your CPD module, which you can take as a stand-alone course or as part of an undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters level) programme.
If the course you are applying for is fully online or blended learning, please note that you are expected to provide your own headsets/microphones.
For further information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 81158
You can also follow us on Twitter @UWEhasCPD.