Professional/Short course Professional Issues in Ultrasound
15 credit level 7 module
Page last updated 2 February 2023
This 15 credit Professional Issues in Ultrasound module will introduce you toprofessional; legal and ethical theories; and principles relevant to healthcare practice focusing on medical imaging.
To apply, you must be working in a relevant area of ultrasound practice.
Careers / Further study
This level 7 (Masters level) module can contribute towards:
- MSc Medical Ultrasound
- MSc Specialist Practice (District Nursing).
On successful completion of this level 7 (Masters level) module, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of professional, ethical and legal issues relevant to ultrasound imaging practice and extended roles
- Critically reflect on professional regulation and accountability and how this relates to practice.
- Critically reflect on complex cases and assess the differing communication needs of clients undergoing imaging investigations
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role that the healthcare team and external agencies have in the management and support of a patient's health and wellbeing within the field of medical ultrasound.
You will be assessed on a written 2,500 word assignment.
Formative support will be achieved by the module team providing on going feedback on set learning activities and group discussions.
The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences has an excellent reputation for the quality of its teaching and the facilities it provides.
Get a feel for the Health Professions facilities we have on offer here from wherever you are.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
Please view our full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Funding may be available to support your learning. Please contact your Trust Education Lead. If you work in the Private, Independent and Voluntary Sector, please contact your employer who will advise you
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.
How to apply
How to apply
Please click on the Apply Now button to apply for your CPD module, which you can take as a stand-alone course or as part of an undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters level) programme.
If the course you are applying for is fully online or blended learning, please note that you are expected to provide your own headsets/microphones.
For further information
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 81158
You can also follow us on Twitter @UWEhasCPD.