Professional course Professional Issues in Ultrasound
15 credit Masters level module
Page last updated 4 October 2021
This 15 credit Masters level module will introduce professional; legal and ethical theories; and principles relevant to healthcare practice focusing on medical imaging.
To apply, you must be working in a relevant area of ultrasound practice.
Careers / Further study
This module can contribute towards:
- MSc Medical Ultrasound
- MSc Specialist Practice (District Nursing).
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of professional, ethical and legal issues relevant to ultrasound imaging practice and extended roles
- Critically reflect on professional regulation and accountability and how this relates to practice.
- Critically reflect on complex cases and assess the differing communication needs of clients undergoing imaging investigations
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role that the healthcare team and external agencies have in the management and support of a patient's health and wellbeing within the field of medical ultrasound.
You will be assessed on a written 2,500 word assignment.
Formative support will be achieved by the module team providing on going feedback on set learning activities and group discussions. This feedback will indicate where good understanding has been achieved or where there is scope for further exploration and development. You will be encouraged to discuss case studies and topics via online discussions and given the opportunity to discuss your assignment focus with the module team before submission.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
Please view our full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Funding may be available to support your learning. Please contact your Trust Education Lead. If you work in the Private, Independent and Voluntary Sector, please contact your employer who will advise you
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.
How to apply
How to apply
You are required to apply online for your CPD modules, which you can take as stand-alone courses or as part of an undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters level) programme.