Continuing Professional Development Managing Projects Successfully
Page last updated 12 October 2023
At Bristol Business School, our portfolio of open programmes offers you and your business a flexible learning solution. We have a range of programmes covering a wide range of topics, including Finance, Strategy, Marketing, Leadership, Coaching and Mentoring, Innovation, and Design Thinking, among many others.
Our programmes are delivered by experienced practitioners and academics who combine cutting-edge thinking with a practical, real-world focus, ensuring our programmes meet professional and industry needs.
A project is defined as a "piece of planned work or an activity that is finished over a period of time and intended to achieve a particular purpose". Many of us in our day-to-day roles are required to manage 'projects' while not being qualified project managers.
This practical two day programme aims to give you an understanding of how projects should be run and managed. It will equip you with a range of options and methods to utilise in ensuring the effective delivery of your project - within budget and on time!
Who is it for?
This programme is designed for individuals, both management and non-management professionals from any industry sector, who manage projects no matter how small as part of their role, but are not formal project managers.
What do I get out of it?
By the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Assess the usefulness of project management tools and techniques
- Plan the implementation of a project
- Communicate the project plan with appropriate colleagues and stakeholders to ensure 'buy in'
- Implement the project plan, monitoring progress against agreed targets through the project
- Use feedback to critically evaluate your own ability to plan and implement a project
- Create a self-development plan to improve your own performance in managing projects.
There are no formal entry requirements for this open programme.
What does it cover?
The programme will cover topics including:
- Project sponsors, stakeholders and scope
- Gantt and bar charts, critical path analysis
- Methods to monitor and evaluate project progress and final outcomes, including finance
- Project communication methods
- Key project management terminology
- Types of project methodology: Waterfall, Spiral, RAD, Prince 2, Six Sigma
- Feasibility studies; risk management techniques
- Procedures for project closure
How will I learn?
This practical two day programme will expect you to participate in the sessions with your own and peer experiences. The face-to-face days will be supported with online learning materials.
Our Continuing Professional Development programmes are run at the Bristol Business School providing a professional environment for your development needs.
Located at UWE Bristol's Frenchay Campus, with easy access to the M4 and M5 motorways and Bristol Parkway rail station, it has four fully equipped training room as well as a communications and reception area.
To be able to fully participate in our programme, you will need to be comfortable with using the Internet and searching for information online. Session materials are presented through a number of sources including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, PDFs, online workbooks and discussions.
Get a feel for the Business Management facilities we have on offer here from wherever you are.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
To be confirmed
Session 1 - TBC
Session 2 - TBC
Please see the table below for current fees and discounts available. All prices are VAT exempt.
Please be aware that prices are subject to change. The below fees are based on the May 2023 Cohort prices, please use these as a guide.
Discounts can not be used in conjunction with each other. The greatest discount available will be applied at your booking confirmation.
|Cohort||To Be Confirmed|
|Early Bird Discount||£455|
|UWE Alumni Discount||£430|
|UWE Staff Discount||£430|
How to apply
How to apply
To make a full or provisional booking for this programme, please complete the relevant online booking form below:
|To be Confirmed||Booking Closed||Send an Enquiry|
For further information
- Email: Please contact us on the enquiry form above.
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 81874