Strategic Analysis of Technical Operations
About this course
Page last updated 14 December 2018
This course is intended for science and engineering graduates engaged in professions which require a comprehensive understanding of business operations, in technical sectors including Aerospace and Advanced Engineering. It has been designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and ability to better examine processes and procedures in organisations to effect strategic improvements and change, resulting in organisations which are more efficient and effective.
By completing the optional course assessment, this course can contribute towards one or more of the Awards within our Engineering Capability Development Framework. This framework of engineering modules gives participants the opportunity to take a flexible route towards a named Postgraduate Award, such as MSc Aerospace, MSc Professional Engineering, or MSc Engineering Management
Careers / Further study
Advanced Manufacturing can be taken as a stand-alone professional short course, or used to build up to a named postgraduate qualification (PG Certificate, PG Diploma or Masters) within our Engineering Capability Development Framework. For a full list of professional courses please see our Engineering and Aerospace course list.
This course contributes towards the MSc Aerospace Programme, which is accredited by the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAS) and the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE). Both professional bodies also endorse the other professional engineering courses that we offer.
Our Engineering courses can also contribute to your portfolio of evidence for Chartered Engineering registration. Please refer to the Benefits of Professional Study for more information.
There are no formal entry requirements to undertake this course as a standalone short professional course without the optional module assessment.
If you wish to complete the module assessment are expected to have a first degree at 2.2 level or above (or equivalent) or alternatively have industrial experience. We strongly recommend that you speak to the course tutor prior to the course if you are unsure about your suitability to complete the assessment.
This course is designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and ability to examine processes and procedures in order to effect strategic improvements and change.
- Models of business organisation and structure
- The scope and importance of operations in business management
- Strategy-driven operations to meet stakeholder needs within a changing environment
- Tools and techniques of operations and project management
- Supply chain integration and management
- Approaches to business improvement
- Information and communication systems for business operations and improvement
- Management of resources and operations
- Apply systems methods for the design and management of business and technical operations
- Evaluate complex business and technical organisation systems, identify and apply appropriate modern operations management theory
- Explain the rationale for and techniques of multiple criteria decision making and risk analysis methodologies
- Possess a holistic organisational view of business operations management and improvement
- Understand multi-disciplinary teams and associated techniques to achieve integration
An optional post course assignment will be provided during the module week.
Supplementary fee information
|Monday 12 to Friday 16 November 2018||£1,530 (includes optional UWE module accreditation)|
Bristol Business School, UWE Bristol, Frenchay Campus, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY
How to apply
|If you wish to gain university credits by completing the assignment, please register for our Engineering Capability Development Framework (If you have already registered, please contact your course administrator directly to make a booking.)||Enquire Now|
|If you wish to attend the course without completing the UWE accreditation, please complete our online booking form. All participants will receive a certificate of attendance.||Enquire Now|
For further information
- Email: For all course queries, please complete the online enquiry form above.
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 86304