Air Quality Action Planning
About this course
Page last updated 29 August 2019
The Air Quality Management Resource Centre (AQMRC) in the Department of Geography and Environmental Management is pleased to offer a new suite of Air Quality courses. This new suite consists of five one day professional courses covering the following topics:
- Air Quality Management
- Air Quality Monitoring
- Air Quality Dispersion Modelling
- Air Quality and Development Control
- Air Quality Action Planning
Individuals are invited to book on as many or few of the days as they wish. The courses are accredited by the Institution of Environmental Sciences (IES) and the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM) and CPD certificates are available on completion.
If you wish to book onto all 5 days please see 'How to Apply', below, for the 5 Day Booking Form.
What does it cover?
This course describes the legislative background to the requirements for local authorities to produce an Air Quality Action Plan (AQAP), including how to declare/amend/revoke an Air Quality Management Area (AQMA), the steps involved in consulting on and developing an AQAP, the implementation process and steps to be taken to monitor and report on progress with the AQAP. This course also presents a range of potential solutions to air quality management ranging from the behavioural to technological. These innovative approaches are presented to demonstrate measures that may be implemented to reduce emissions through Action Planning.
Who is it for?
The courses will be of interest to practitioners and policy makers involved in air quality management in:
- Environmental health/protection
- Public health
- Land-use planning
"Very informative - I loved the action planning workshop, where we had to role play a steering committee.
Highly recommended. Good practical workshop."
This course will cover the following areas:
- Background to Air Quality Action Planning
- How to declare/amend/revoke an Air Quality Management Area (AQMA)
- Developing Air Quality Action Plans
- Consulting on Air Quality Action Plans
- Measures to improve Air Quality
- Quantification of Action Plan measures
- Implementation and evaluation of Air Quality Action Plans
- Air Quality Action Plan Progress Reporting
You will receive a certificate of attendance on completion of the course.
The courses are accredited by the Institution of Environmental Sciences (IES)
Supplementary fee information
|Time||09:30 - 16:30|
|Location||UWE Frenchay campus|
Please see the table below for current fees and discounts available. All prices are VAT exempt.
Discounts can not be used in conjunction with each other. The greatest discount available will be applied at your booking confirmation.
|Location||UWE Frenchay campus|
|Early Bird Disount||£TBC|
Fees include refreshments and lunch at all venues. Parking is only included at the UWE Frenchay Campus location.
UWE Frenchay Campus: Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY
How to apply
To make a full or provisional booking for this course, please complete the relevant online booking form below:
|February 2020||UWE Frenchay campus|
|Date TBC||Enquire Now|
|All 5 Days*|
*Fee for All 5 Days is £TBC. 10% Early Bird Discount (£TBC) available if the booking and payment are made before (Date TBC) for the February cohort.
For further information
- Email: For all queries regarding administration aspects of registration, i.e. dates, fees, etc. please contact us using the online enquiry form link. For any questions in relation to the course, i.e. content, suitability, assessments, etc. please contact the Programme leader.
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 86927