Air Quality Action Planning
About this course
- Course code:
- Professional/Short Course
- Geography and Environmental Management
- One day session
- Through presentations and interactive workshops
- Programme leader:
- Dr Jo Barnes, Air Quality Management Resource Centre
Page last updated 2 April 2020
The Air Quality Management Resource Centre (AQMRC) in the Department of Geography and Environmental Management is pleased to offer a new suite of Air Quality courses. This new suite consists of five one day professional courses covering the following topics:
- Air Quality Management
- Air Quality Monitoring
- Air Quality Dispersion Modelling
- Air Quality and Development Control
- Air Quality Action Planning
Individuals are invited to book on as many or few of the days as they wish. If you wish to book onto All 5 Days please see 'How to Apply', below, for the online Booking Form.
"I can use what I learnt all week to improve my Councils' AQ arrangements, write accurate review and assessment reports, review 3rd party reports and attract developer contributions to air quality via CIL and S106." Mike Jephcott, Senior Environmental Health Officer
What does it cover?
This course describes the legislative background to the requirements for local authorities to produce an Air Quality Action Plan (AQAP), including how to declare/amend/revoke an Air Quality Management Area (AQMA), the steps involved in consulting on and developing an AQAP, the implementation process and steps to be taken to monitor and report on progress with the AQAP. This course also presents a range of potential solutions to air quality management ranging from the behavioural to technological. These innovative approaches are presented to demonstrate measures that may be implemented to reduce emissions through Action Planning.
Who is it for?
"The learning I will apply back at work will be the importance of monitoring air quality when looking at planning applications and really think about the potential effects on air quality the proposed application can have." Amelia Rivers, Environmental Health Officer
The courses will be of interest to practitioners and policy makers involved in air quality management in:
- Environmental health/protection
- Public health
- Land-use planning
This course will cover the following areas:
- Background to Air Quality Action Planning
- How to declare/amend/revoke an Air Quality Management Area (AQMA)
- Developing Air Quality Action Plans
- Consulting on Air Quality Action Plans
- Measures to improve Air Quality
- Quantification of Action Plan measures
- Implementation and evaluation of Air Quality Action Plans
- Air Quality Action Plan Progress Reporting
UWE CPD certificates are available on completion (CPD 5hrs p/day), which participants can then present to IES.
UWE Bristol is superbly equipped with libraries, computer labs and an excellent campus environment.
Find out more about the facilities and resources UWE has to offer.
Supplementary fee information
Please see the tables below for current dates, fees and discounts available. All prices are VAT exempt.
|Day||Friday 31 July 2020|
|Time||9:30 - 16:30|
|Full Day Fee||£200|
|Payment Deadline||24 July 2020|
|Early Bird Fee||£180|
|Payment Deadline||05 June 2020|
Fees include refreshments, lunch and parking permits at UWE Frenchay Campus
UWE Frenchay Campus: Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY
How to apply
To make a full or provisional booking for this individual course or All 5 Days, please complete the relevant online booking form below
|Friday 31 July 2020||Book Now||Enquire Now|
|All 5 Days (27 to 31 July 2020)*||Book Now|
*Fee for All 5 Days is £1000. 10% Early Bird Discount (£900) available if the booking and payment are made before the Early Bird deadline for the first day of each cohort.
For further information
- Email: For any questions in relation to the course, i.e. content, suitability, assessments, etc. please contact the Programme Leader, Dr Jo Barnes (Jo.Barnes@uwe.ac.uk). For all queries regarding administration aspects of registration, i.e. dates, fees, etc. please contact us using the online enquiry form link or phone number below.
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 86927