Air Quality and Development Control
About this course
Page last updated 10 May 2019
The Air Quality Management Resource Centre (AQMRC) in the Department of Geography and Environmental Management is pleased to offer a new suite of Air Quality short courses. This new suite consists of five one day courses covering the following topics:
- Air Quality Management
- Air Quality Monitoring
- Air Quality Dispersion Modelling
- Air Quality and Development Control
- Air Quality Action Planning
Individuals are invited to book on as many or few of the days as they wish. The courses are accredited by the Institution of Environmental Sciences (IES) and the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM) and CPD certificates are available on completion.
If you wish to book onto all 5 days please see 'How to Apply', below, for the 5 Day Booking Form.
What does it cover?
This course looks at the relationship between local planning processes and local air quality management focusing upon the role of the local planning process in air quality management and the implementation and evaluation of Air Quality Assessments in the local planning process, with specific reference to the Environmental Protection UK guidance 'Development Control: Planning for Air Quality'.
This course would be of value to anyone interested or involved in preparing or evaluating Air Quality Assessments for developments, including air quality and planning professionals.
Who is it for?
The courses will be of interest to practitioners and policy makers involved in air quality management in:
- Environmental health/protection
- Public health
- Land-use planning
"Informative and interactive! Accessible and interesting!" - former course participant
This course will cover the following areas:
- Introduction to planning for air quality professionals
- Implications of the National Planning Policy Framework
- Rationale for air quality as a material consideration
- Supplementary Planning Documents
- What is required in an Air Quality Assessment
- Assessing significance
- Evaluation of Air Quality Assessments
- Planning conditions
- Planning appeals
You will receive a certificate of attendance on completion of the course.
Supplementary fee information
|Day||Thursday 18 July 2019|
|Time||09:30 - 16:30|
|Location||UWE Frenchay campus|
Please see the table below for current fees and discounts available. All prices are VAT exempt.
Discounts can not be used in conjunction with each other. The greatest discount available will be applied at your booking confirmation.
|Location||UWE Frenchay campus|
|Payment Deadline||11 July 2019|
|Early Bird Discount||£180|
|Payment Deadline||23 May 2019|
Fees include refreshments and lunch at all venues. Parking is only included at the UWE Frenchay Campus location.
UWE Frenchay Campus: Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY
How to apply
To make a full or provisional booking for this course, please complete the relevant online booking form below:
|July 2019||UWE Frenchay campus|
|Thursday 18 July 2019||Book Now||Enquire Now|
|All 5 Days*||Book Now|
*Fee for All 5 Days is £1000. 10% Early Bird Discount (£900) available if the booking and payment are made before 20 May 2019 for the July cohort.
For further information
- Email: For all queries regarding administration aspects of registration, i.e. dates, fees, etc. please contact us using the online enquiry form link. For any questions in relation to the course, i.e. content, suitability, assessments, etc. please contact the Course Director.
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 86927