Air Quality Dispersion Modelling
About this course
- Course code:
- Professional/Short Course
- Geography and Environmental Management
- One day
- Delivered through interactive workshops and presentations
- Course director:
- Dr Jo Barnes, Air Quality Management Resource Centre
Page last updated 10 May 2019
The Air Quality Management Resource Centre (AQMRC) in the Department of Geography and Environmental Management is pleased to offer a new suite of Air Quality short courses. This new suite consists of five one day courses covering the following topics:
- Air Quality Management
- Air Quality Monitoring
- Air Quality Dispersion Modelling
- Air Quality and Development Control
- Air Quality Action Planning
Individuals are invited to book on as many or few of the days as they wish. The courses are accredited by the Institution of Environmental Sciences (IES) and the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM) and CPD certificates are available on completion.
If you wish to book onto all 5 days please see 'How to Apply', below, for the 5 Day Booking Form.
What does it cover?
This course provides an understanding of the theory and practice of using dispersion models to replicate the behaviour of pollution in the atmosphere. The course will explain the rationale behind air quality modelling using examples of particular models to describe the ways in which they are used and highlight some of the potential limitations and problems associated with them.
The course also provides a basic introduction to model input data, the basic principles and assumptions involved and the concepts of model validation, verification and adjustment, including worked examples of a modelling scenario in ADMS-Roads and the verification and adjustment process.
This course would be of value to anyone interested or involved in the use of local-scale atmospheric dispersion modelling.
Who is it for?
The courses will be of interest to practitioners and policy makers involved in air quality management in:
- Environmental health/protection
- Public health
- Land-use planning
This course will cover the following areas:
- Rationale for Air Quality Modelling
- Types of models and their uses
- Monitoring strategies for Local Air Quality Management
- Model input data
- Principles and assumptions
- Modelling scenarios
- Model validation, verification and adjustment
- Data validation and ratification
"I would like to use this opportunity to thank your team for the amazing course on AQ Modelling [...]. I have found its content really useful and really enjoyed the afternoon session where we were allowed to play with the ADMS Roads Model and test different scenarios, all really useful." - Pedro, former course participant
You will receive a certificate of attendance on completion of the course.
Supplementary fee information
|Day||Wednesday 17 July 2019|
|Time||9:30 - 16:30|
|Location||UWE Frenchay campus|
Please see the table below for current fees and discounts available. All prices are VAT exempt.
Discounts can not be used in conjunction with each other. The greatest discount available will be applied at your booking confirmation.
|Location||UWE Frenchay campus|
|Payment Deadline||10 July 2019|
|Early Bird Discount||£180|
|Payment Deadline||22 May 2018|
Fees include refreshments and lunch at all venues. Parking is only included at the UWE Frenchay Campus location.
UWE Frenchay Campus: Coldharbour Lane, Bristol BS16 1QY
How to apply
To make a full or provisional booking for this course, please complete the relevant online booking form below:
|July 2019||UWE Frenchay campus|
|Wednesday 17 July 2019||Book Now||Enquire Now|
|All 5 Days*||Book Now|
*Fee for All 5 Days is £1000. 10% Early Bird Discount (£900) available if the booking and payment are made before 20 May 2019 for the July cohort.
For further information
- Email: For all queries regarding administration aspects of registration, i.e. dates, fees, etc. please contact us using the online enquiry form link. For any questions in relation to the course, i.e. content, suitability, assessments, etc. please contact the Course Director.
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 86927