Construction Project Management Practice
About this course
Page last updated 1 August 2019
Building Information Modelling (BIM) in Design, Construction and Operations is fast becoming the industry standard approach to designing, analysing, and managing building lifecycle.
In Construction Project Management Practice you will integrate your project manager skills by selecting a project case study and analysing it in relation to environment, client objectives, feasibility, strategy, implementation, and commissioning.
Participants are expected to have a first degree at 2.2 level or above (or equivalent), or alternatively have industrial experience. We strongly recommend that you speak to the course tutor prior to the course if you are unsure about your suitability to complete the assessment.
Careers / Further study
This module can be taken as a stand alone module, or used to build up credit towards a named postgraduate qualification (PG Certificate, PG Diploma or Masters) within our Environment and Technology Awards.
On successful completion of this module students will be able to:
1. Independently evaluate and advise on the environmental influences affecting a complex construction project;
2. Demonstrate a professional and ethical approach to project delivery;
3. Report on the feasibility and financial viability of a construction project using various techniques including value analysis;
4. Prepare a strategic framework for the organisation systems required to run a major project;
5. Evaluate the concepts of conflict management and recognise the key team roles and the importance of teambuilding;
6. Formulate and justify effective monitoring and control systems for delivery, quality and value of the project;
7. Evaluate and review, project performance and understand the importance of feedback for future practice;
8. Develop environmentally sustainable project management methods including innovative practices and reference to safe and healthy systems.
Learning and Teaching
The module is delivered by way of five study days for face to face teaching. Recorded lectures and the use of email discussion groups of virtual learning environments (VLEs) and other technology-aided means are also employed.
The module will be assessed through an oral poster presentation and a written report.
The University has excellent facilities, accessible to all students, as required; however, it is expected that much of the work will be carried out within the work environment.
Find out more about the facilities and resources UWE has to offer.
Supplementary fee information
|Cohort||UK/EU Participants||International Participants|
|Cohort||Start Date||Application Deadline|
|January 2020||Wednesday 29 January 2020||Tuesday 21 January 2020|
How to apply
As this module carries university accreditation, once you have submitted your booking form, you will be required to provide the following supporting information to the administration team for the module tutor to be able to review and formally accept your application as required by the university.
An up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae (including contact details of a work or academic reference)
A brief personal statement to support your application
A copy of your highest qualification certificate and transcript of modules studied
A copy of photographic proof of ID (i.e. driver's licence/passport). For non UK students, this must be a copy of your passport
If English is not your country's first language, you will be required to provide evidence to show you meet the UK Border Agency and the University's minimum English Language requirements. Further details are available on our English Language Requirements webpage regarding required levels for study.
On acceptance onto the module, you will be registered onto our student system to give you access to university resources, including the library and your module BlackBoard site where course materials and pre-reading/work will be posted.
|January 2020||Book Now||Enquire Now|
For further information
- Email: For all queries regarding administration aspects of registration, i.e. dates, fees, etc. please contact us using the online enquiry form link. For any questions in relation to the course, i.e. content, assessments, etc. please contact the Programme Leader directly.
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 86304