Study day Ultrasound Guided Prostate Brachytherapy
Page last updated 25 May 2023
Delivered by an experienced therapy radiographer and sonographer, this workshop is aimed at practitioners working within brachytherapy.
The aim of this course is to develop knowledge and understanding of how to image guide implants under ultrasound control to treat prostate cancer.
The day will consist of lectures, practical hands-on demonstrations and will cover a variety of topics to include:
- Introduction to Ultrasound Image Guided (USIG) Prostate Brachytherapy
- Preparation for Ultrasound-Guided Prostate Brachytherapy
- Normal ultrasonic appearances
- Understanding the complexities associated with needle positioning and consideration for planning
- Gaining Competency A Non-Sonographer's View point
- Developing training competencies
Previous experience of ultrasound scanning is not essential
The College of Health, Science and Society has an excellent reputation for the quality of its teaching and the facilities it provides.
Get a feel for the Health Professions facilities we have on offer here from wherever you are.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.
Contact us by email (email@example.com) to be added to our mailing list.
How to apply
How to apply
Please click on the Apply Now button to apply online.
For invoicing purposes only
Please read our Terms and Conditions
If the course you are applying for is fully online or blended learning, please note that you are expected to provide your own headsets/microphones.
For further information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 81158
You can also follow us on Twitter @UWEhasCPD.