Ultrasound Guided Prostate Brachytherapy
About this course
Page last updated 14 December 2018
Delivered by an experienced therapy radiographer and sonographer, this workshop is aimed at practitioners working within Brachytherapy.
The aim of this course is to develop knowledge and understanding of how to image guide implants under ultrasound control to treat prostate cancer.
The day will consist of lectures, practical hands-on demonstrations and will cover a variety of topics to include:
- Introduction to Ultrasound Image Guided (USIG) Prostate Brachytherapy
- Preparation for Ultrasound-Guided Prostate Brachytherapy
- Normal ultrasonic appearances
- Understanding the complexities associated with needle positioning and consideration for planning
- Gaining Competency A Non-Sonographer's View point
- Developing training competencies
Previous experience of ultrasound scanning is not essential
Supplementary fee information
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.
Contact us to be added to our mailing list.