Best Interest Assessor Refresher Training
About this course
Page last updated 26 September 2019
All Best Interests Assessors (BIAs) must by law refresh their knowledge and skills relevant to the role every 12 months after qualifying.
The module team from the UWE Best Interests Assessment module are now running one day refresher courses to support BIAs to maintain their knowledge of the current legal framework for practice and explore current practice challenges.
It is suitable for qualified BIAs.
Learning objectives include:
- Current guidance on key BIA decisions including restriction or deprivation of liberty, assessing capacity, best interests etc.
- Recent research and guidance relevant to BIA practice.
- Plans for changes to the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards legislation and wider human rights legal context.
- Refreshing knowledge and skills on other assessments e.g. No Refusals and Eligibility.
- Good practice in BIA recording.
- Case study and other learning activities relevant to BIA practice.
Supplementary fee information
Refreshments, course notes and certificate of attendance for CPD records are included.
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.
Please contact us to be added to our mailing list.