Physician Associate Student Study Day
About this course
Page last updated 17 October 2018
Organised by PAs and hosted by the University of the West of England
The 2nd Annual South West Physician Associate Study Day brings together leading health professionals from a number of fields. The theme of this year's day is "From Birth to Death"
The day, designed by Physician Associate learners and aimed at Physician Associate learners in South Wales and the South West of England, offers an ideal networking opportunity.
Topics on the day to include:
- Acute Medicine: Interesting Cases
- Primary Care: Fragility Fractures
- Trauma and Orthopaedics: Post-Surgical Complications
- Stroke: Role of PA and Hot Topics
- Education: Trans-Atlantic Partnership Working
We have a first class timetable of speakers lined up who will be covering different aspects of medicine and surgery through the human lifecycle.
- Nadia Lawes - ANP Paediatric Specialist & UWE Senior Lecturer
- Sam Evans & Beth Norman - PA-Rs working at Derriford & Yeovil District Hospitals
- Dr Amit Badshah - Acute Medicine Consultant at Weston General Hospital
- Dr Katie Binns - General Practitioner
- Mr Barry Paraskeva - Consultant General, Laparoscopic and Colo-rectal surgeon at St Mary's Hospital in London and Reader in Surgery at Imperial College, London
- Jamie Saunders PA-R at Guy's & St Thomas's
- Prof. Jim Parle - Founding PA Studies Director at University of Birmingham, now rtd
7 CPD hours
Supplementary fee information
£10 for UWE PA learners and UWE PA Society Members
£30 for Students
£50 for General Admission
Saturday 24 November 2018, 09.30 - 16.30
How to apply
To book please use our online store and select one of the links below pay by credit/debit card.
Please read our Terms and Conditions
Each attendee will be provided with a delgate pack, refreshements, lunch, free all day parking and a certificate of attendence.
For further information
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 81158