Online learning package
Supporting Students in Practice
About this course
- Course code:
- Professional/Short Course
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Online learning
- Course director:
- Karen Cook ; Stephen Booth
- Key fact:
- This course replaces the AHP Practice Learning and Student Support, and Nursing Facilitated Learning and Assessment in Practice (FLAP).
Page last updated 14 November 2019
The aim of this course is to provide an understanding of the principles of supporting students in practice.
This course is suitable for all healthcare professionals supporting students in practice. You will be directed to profession specific material during the course.
Although preferred but not essential, you should be supervising a healthcare professional student.
The course content covers theoretical aspects of the following:
- Foundations for practice education
- Being an educator
- Facilitating workplace learning
- Assessment and feedback
- Evaluating workplace learning
- Problem solving
- Reflecting and personal development planning
- Equality and diversity in practice education.
Supplementary fee information
Free to attend but registration is required.