Study day Offsite Practice Educators and Supervisors
Page last updated 12 March 2021
The aims and objectives for the session have been mapped to Social Work England Professional Standards 4 - Maintain my continuing professional development.
To provide a forum for Practice Educators and Supervisors in conjunction with UWE Bristol staff to:
- Share and reflect on good practice
- Learn and explore research, theories and frameworks to inform practice and professional judgement
- Update their knowledge on the Social Work Programme and any changes
- Work towards consistency of approach to supervision, practice education and assessment
- Explore bias in supervision and assessment.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Identify examples of good practice
- Discuss some recent research and its impact on practice
- Identify some theories and frameworks that inform students practice and professional judgment
- Explain changes to the programme and their impact on them and the student learning process
- Contribute to consistency of approach to supervision, practice education and assessment
- Identify how personal bias impacts on their supervision and assessment.
You'll have access to a range of on-campus and online facilities to support your learning, including the University Library which is open 24 hours a day.
The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences has an excellent reputation for the quality of its teaching and the facilities it provides.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
The course is free to Practice Educators and Supervisors who take UWE Bristol Social Work students on placement.
8 and 10 September 2020, 10:00-13:00.
How to apply
How to apply
Please apply online using the Apply Now button on this page.
Please read our Terms and Conditions.
Certificates of attendance will be provided and, for those registered with Social Work England, you will be able to upload and use as supporting evidence when completing your CPD online.