Study day Offsite Practice Educators and Supervisors
Page last updated 25 May 2023
Certificates of attendance will be provided and, for those registered with Social Work England, you will be able to upload and use as supporting evidence when completing your CPD online.
The aims and objectives for this Offsite Practice Educators and Supervisors session have been mapped to Social Work England Professional Standards 4 - Maintain My Continuing Professional Development.
To provide a forum for Practice Educators and Supervisors in conjunction with UWE Bristol staff to:
- Share and reflect on good practice
- Learn and explore research, theories and frameworks to inform practice and professional judgement
- Update their knowledge on the Social Work Programme and any changes
- Work towards consistency of approach to supervision, practice education and assessment
- Explore bias in supervision and assessment.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Identify examples of good practice
- Discuss some recent research and its impact on practice
- Identify some theories and frameworks that inform students practice and professional judgment
- Explain changes to the programme and their impact on them and the student learning process
- Contribute to consistency of approach to supervision, practice education and assessment
- Identify how personal bias impacts on their supervision and assessment.
The College of Health, Science and Society has an excellent reputation for the quality of its teaching and the facilities it provides.
Get a feel for the Health Professions facilities we have on offer here from wherever you are.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
The course is free to Practice Educators and Supervisors who take UWE Bristol Social Work students on placement.
How to apply
How to apply
Please apply online using the Apply Now button on this page.
Please read our Terms and Conditions.
If the course you are applying for is fully online or blended learning, please note that you are expected to provide your own headsets/microphones.
For further information
- Email: SWP.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 81158
You can also follow us on Twitter @UWEhasCPD.