Professional Development Course Inclusive Recruitment and Selection
Page last updated 4 October 2021
This practical half-day programme will focus on what can be done in order to reduce bias in recruitment (from writing a job ad to advertising and shortlisting) and selection (interviewing) and give tips about how inclusive HR theory can be applied in practice. This session will give the participants the opportunity to review and reflect on and start revising their recruitment and selection practices.
Who is it for?
This programme is designed for individuals who are involved in recruitment and selection in their organisations (HR professionals, line managers, etc.).
What do I get out of it?
By the end of this programme you will:
- acknowledge how stereotypes and our (un)conscious biases might impact our judgement
- get familiar with all recruitment and selection stages and what we can do to make recruitment and selection more inclusive
- be able to reflect on and use feedback to critically evaluate your own recruitment and selection practices
There are no formal entry requirements for this open programme.
What does it cover?
The programme will cover topics including:
- (Un)conscious bias and stereotyping
- The stages of recruitment and selection and how they might be affected by bias and stereotyping
- What can be done in order to minimise bias and ensure inclusive practice throughout recruitment and selection
Learning and Teaching
This practical half-day programme will expect you to participate in the sessions with your own and peer experiences. There will be opportunities for group discussion and self-reflection throughout the programme. You are welcome to bring and share examples of job advertisements, job descriptions etc.
This programme is delivered fully online. To ensure you can participate fully in the session and programme materials, please see the following required computer specifications:
Operating system: Windows 7+, Mac OS 10.9
Web browser: Google Chrome is the optimal browser. However other browsers such as Firefox, safari and Microsoft Edge are also compatible.
- Internet Access - 28.8 kbps speed or above (Broadband connection highly recommended). Slower internet connections may cause issues with audio and video.
- A headset with microphone/headphones is highly recommended
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
All prices are VAT exempt. Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with each other. The greatest discount available will be applied at your booking confirmation.
|Cohort Autumn 2021||Time||Location|
|TBC||10:00 - 14:00||Online|
How to apply
How to apply
Please complete the online booking form using the link below, when available. To register your interest in the next run, please complete the Enquire Now form below.
|Autumn 2021||Enquire Now|
For further information
- Email: Please contact us by using the enquire now link above.
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 84896