Study day Specialist Health Protection Training Course
Page last updated 4 October 2021
This online four day course is intended for those who are involved in the control of infectious, environmental and/or radiological hazards. This includes those working in health protection, public health, environmental health and infection control.
It is a valuable introduction to those new to a health protection role or preparing to participate in out of hours on call rotas, such as Health Protection Nurses and Practitioners and Public Health Specialty Registrars. The course also contributes to the development of the health protection competencies required for the UK Public Health Register.
Delivered by health protection specialists, this online course will also apply principles to real world scenarios, using practical examples.
Topics to be covered in this online course will include:
- surveillance and epidemiology of infectious diseases and environmental exposures;
- control of infection and antimicrobial resistance;
- investigation and control of single cases and outbreaks of infectious disease and response to environmental incidents;
- introduction to health emergency planning;
- underlying principles of communicable disease control and responding to environmental incidents
- principles of immunisation, surveillance and emergency planning;
- importance of risk communication.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
Please visit our full fee information to see the price brackets for our modules.
Note: This course is fully funded by the Health Education England for its sponsored participants.
Please click on the Apply Now button to view dates.