Professional course English Language and Academic Culture
Page last updated 30 May 2022
This one-week online course gives the perfect introduction to studying at UWE Bristol.
Students who have already been accepted onto one of our courses can improve their language and academic skills before term starts.
The course will cover such areas as:
- listening to lectures
- writing academic essays and reports
- writing in an academic style
- participating in seminars and discussions
- reading academic texts.
- be taught by highly qualified and experienced language teachers
- receive information about Bristol and the University environment
- have access to online learning materials for self-study, to support your learning.
Due to COVID-19, the course will be delivered online. This will be done via a combination of live online classroom sessions and self-study. The self-study element offers you the flexibility to study at a time convenient for you, wherever you are in the world.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
English Language and Academic Culture (ELAC) one week 2022/23:
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Price|
|5 September 2022||9 September 2022||1 week (online)||Free for applicants with required IELTS score for their main course.|
How to apply
How to apply
If you are an unconditional offer holder, the university will contact you with details of how to apply for this course.
For further information
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44(0)117 32 83333