Professional course English Language and Academic Culture
This week-long course, lasting from 6 to 10 September, will focus on the English language skills you will need for university, but you will also have the opportunity to attend further online sessions on academic skills, throughout the rest of the academic year.
Page last updated 4 June 2021
This one-week online course gives the perfect introduction to studying at UWE Bristol.
Students who have already been accepted onto one of our courses can practise their English Language skills before term starts. You will become comfortable and confident with your English and improve your performance in seminars and lectures.
It will begin to help you prepare to integrate with ease into UK society, and have a happy and productive time studying in the UK.
- Receive English Language practice every day
- Be taught by highly qualified and experienced language teachers
- Receive information about Bristol and the University environment
- Have access to online learning materials for self-study, to support your learning.
The course will:
- Help with listening to lectures
- Help with writing academic essays and reports
- Help with fluency, so that participating in seminars becomes easier
- Enable you to increase your confidence in an English-speaking environment before your course starts, and to develop your social English skills.
Due to Covid 19, the course will be delivered online. This will be done via a combination of live online classroom sessions and self-study. The self-study element offers you the flexibility to study at a time convenient for you, wherever you are in the world.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
English Language and Academic Culture (ELAC) one week 2020
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Price|
|6 September 2021||10 September 2021||1 week||Free for applicants with required IELTS score for their main course.|
How to apply
How to apply
If you are an unconditional offer holder, the university will contact you with details of how to apply for this course. The deadline for applications is Friday 27th August 2021, 12pm GMT.
As a Pre-sessional/ELAC student, you can apply for UWE Bristol managed summer accommodation, however we cannot guarantee that there will be availability.
We can provide assistance in finding private accommodation if needed. View more accommodation information.
For further information
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44(0)117 32 83333