English Language and Academic Culture
About this course
Page last updated 18 September 2018
This two week course gives the perfect introduction to studying at UWE Bristol.
Students who have already been accepted onto one of our courses can practise their English Language skills before term starts. You will become comfortable and confident with your English and improve your performance in seminars and lectures.
The course will also help you feel at home and settled at the University, so that when term starts, you will know your way around.
You will be able to integrate with ease into UK society, and have a happy and productive time studying in the UK.
Details of accommodation will be sent once your application has been accepted.
- You will receive 45 hours intensive English Language practice
- You will be taught by highly qualified and experienced language teachers
- You will receive information about Bristol and the University environment
The course will:
- Help with listening to lectures
- Help with writing academic essays and reports
- Help with fluency, so that participating in seminars becomes easier
- Enable you to increase your confidence in an English-speaking environment before your course starts, and to develop your social English skills.
The course involves a total of 45 hours of teaching.
You will be able to take advantage of the University's excellent study facilities. These include a modern, well-stocked library with its wide choice of course books, audio and video material, satellite TV, internet access and a multimedia laboratory.
Supplementary fee information
English Language and Academic Culture (ELAC) two week intensive 2018
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Price|
|28 August 2018||7 September 2018||2 weeks||Free for applicants with required IELTS score for their main course.|
How to apply
Please send your full name, application number and the name of the programme you will be studying to Admissions@uwe.ac.uk to register for the course.
As a Pre-sessional student you can apply for UWE Bristol managed summer accommodation, however we cannot guarantee that there will be availability.
We can provide assistance in finding private accommodation if needed. View more accommodation information.
For further information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44(0)117 32 83333