Professional/ShortCourse Skills Bootcamp in Digital Marketing - Independent Learners
Page last updated 24 October 2023
Our exciting Skills Bootcamp will help you kickstart your career in Digital Marketing, with accredited training that will take your CV to the next level.
Our fully funded 10-week Skills Bootcamp will give you the skills and knowledge to become the digital marketer every employer wants. Each week will focus on a specific area of digital marketing to develop your fundamental knowledge and then build your skills through interactive activities.
As you move through the training you will develop your own portfolio of work that will showcase your new skills to potential and future employers and have the opportunity to achieve the Digital Marketing Institute (DMI) Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing qualification, demonstrating your fundamental understanding of the industry.
Alongside technical digital marketing skills, as a learner looking to start a new career in marketing you will be supported by our Skills Bootcamp Team to map out your career aspirations and enhance your CV and LinkedIn profile to attract potential employers, as well as have opportunities to meet employers looking to recruit new talent.
Gain the DMI Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing qualification
As part of your learning, you will have the opportunity to achieve the DMI Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing qualification. This accreditation will boost your CV and showcase your newly developed skills to your current or future employer.
Who is it for?
Our Skills Bootcamp is specifically aimed at individuals who are looking to start their career in digital marketing. We will offer tailored training to develop your digital marketing skills and help you gain a qualification. We will also help you to find a new role which utilises the skills acquired.
To ensure our bootcamp learners get the most from this opportunity, the following eligibility requirements apply.
Our bootcamps are open to individuals located in the West of England region (Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath and Northeast Somerset, and North Somerset). While each cohort has a primary targeted audience, we will consider applications from anyone who meets the following basic eligibility criteria:
- Be aged 19+
- Not currently be in full-time or part-time education
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Live or be employed in Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath and North East Somerset or North Somerset (we will also consider applicants who live close to these boundaries)
- Have not registered and attended (including partial completion) any other Skills Bootcamp in the current financial year from any provider
- Does not hold a qualification in digital marketing at level 6 or above
We are particularly keen to receive applications from individuals who identify from one of our underrepresented groups:
- Black and minoritised ethnic backgrounds
- Individuals with a disability
What is my commitment as a learner?
For each bootcamp, you will be required to:
- Attend all in-person tutor lead sessions held at Frenchay Campus, Bristol BS16 1QY
- Complete and submit all portfolio tasks following each weekly session
- Complete all required online self-study
- Undertake exam preparation and sit the DMI online exam within three months of Skills Bootcamp completion
- Be actively looking to achieve a role related to digital marketing within six months of the Skills Bootcamp
- Agree to provide mandatory personal data and supplementary information on your employment outcomes for up to six months following completion of the Skills Bootcamp
Careers / Further study
Following successful completion of the Skills Bootcamp, you will be fully equipped to successfully achieve employment as a digital marketer. This may be through your own job search or by engaging with one of our 'routes to employment':
- three to six paid internship opportunities
- Digital Marketing Apprenticeship
- direct role with employer.
What salary can I expect to earn?
This is dependent on the organisation you work for and the type of role you take on. However, a typical entry-level position, such as digital marketing assistant ranges from £18,000 to £25,000 per annum. This can increase up to £35,000 for a digital marketing officer or executive (with three+ years' experience) to over £45,000 for more senior management roles, such as digital marketing manager.
What the Skills Bootcamp aims to develop
Our Skills Bootcamp will give you the following skills to take into your future career:
Our Skills Bootcamp in Digital Marketing is delivered through 10 in-person taught days across 11 weeks at Frenchay Campus, Bristol (BS16 1QY) with online self-study content (videos and activities) for you to complete in your own time. This will require around 2.5 hours of self-study per week.
- Week 1 - Introduction to the Skills Bootcamp and Digital Marketing
- Week 2 - Brand personality and creative content
- Week 3 - Social media and online behaviour
- Week 4 - Principles of search engine optimisation and advertising
- Week 5 - Principles of online advertising
- Week 6 - Self-study week
- Week 7 - Principles of email marketing
- Week 8 - Employability focus
- Week 9 - Principles of website design
- Week 10 -Measuring online activity
- Week 11 - Digital marketing strategy
You will be able to sit your DMI Professional Diploma exam up to three months after the final taught session of the Skills Bootcamp.
Learning and Teaching
With our Skills Bootcamp learning, you will be guided through the required content to understand the fundamentals of digital marketing and pass your DMI exam. You will also be supported by our Skills Bootcamp Team to consider how you can maximize the impact of your new skills and reach your career goals. As part of this wrap-around support, you will have access to:
1:1 access to our Skills Bootcamp Team
- Skills Bootcamp team support beyond taught content
- Provide information and access to employment opportunities
1:1 sessions with our Career Coach
- Support you to identify specific industry areas and specialisms of interest
- Help you to map out your career journey and build confidence to be successful at interview
- Support you to develop your CV/LinkedIn profile to attract employers
1:1 access to an Industry Mentor
- Provide insights into the industry and their career journey
- Work with you to identify your potential career path
- Support you to take steps to begin your new career
On successful completion of the Skills Bootcamp, you will receive:
- a digital badge from UWE Bristol demonstrating your attendance and learning through the taught sessions and portfolio tasks
- the DMI Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing, through successful completion of the 2 hours exam (pass mark is 60%).
The DMI Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing is an industry relevant qualification which will help to boost your CV and showcase your newly developed skills to future employers.
As a student member of the DMI, you will get access to an extensive toolkit of resources, e-books, podcasts, lessons and much more, all of which can greatly support your learning and career beyond this training.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
Our Skills Bootcamp usually consists of 10 weekly taught sessions over 11 weeks (this includes a break for half-term).
September 2023 cohort
Our Skills Bootcamp taking place from September 2023 is now full. Please submit an Expression of Interest (see link below) to be notified about future Skills Bootcamps in Digital Marketing.
Our Skills Bootcamps are usually fully funded through the West of England Combined Authority for independent learners (those who are unemployed or looking to reskill to change employment) meaning you will get full access to taught sessions, DMI exam and employability support to kickstart your digital marketing career.
How to apply
How to apply
At present, we have closed recruitment for the Skills Bootcamp running from September to November 2023.
Please complete our online expression of interest form if you would like to be notified about future cohorts.
For further information
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 81043 (option 1, then option 3)