Introduction to SPSS
About this course
- Course code:
- Professional/Short Course
- Engineering Design and Mathematics
- One day
- Professional short course delivered through both taught and practical sessions
- Programme leader:
- Ben Derrick and Dr Deirdre Toher
Page last updated 15 March 2019
We offer one-day short courses covering different aspects of applied statistics. Courses are non-credit bearing and are designed for quick learning of the material covered.
Any course materials, including pre-reading, lunch and refreshments are included in the fee.
We would expect you to have a familiarity with the Windows operating system and an interest in wanting to learn how to use the SPSS system.
Overseas students need to have, in advance of application, either a valid student visa or evidence of residency status in the UK.
This one-day course provides a comprehensive guided tour of the data management procedures in SPSS. It covers data entry, data management, coding of data, an introduction to SPSS syntax, as well as creating and designing graphics and tables. It is suitable for those who have not used SPSS before and no prior knowledge is assumed.
Time will be made in the afternoon to discuss any analysis that you are currently doing or aim to do.
This course will run from 10.00 - 16.00 on Thursday 30 May 2019
This is a non-credit bearing course and no assessment will be undertaken. You will receive a Certificate of Attendance on completion of the course.
Supplementary fee information
Please see the table below for current fees and discounts available. All prices are VAT exempt.
Discounts can not be used in conjunction with each other. The greatest discount available will be applied at your booking confirmation.
|Cohort||Full Fee||Early Bird Discount||UWE Alumni/Student Discount||UWE Staff Discount|
|Payment Deadline||4 April 2019||16 May 2019||16 May 2019|
(Fees include car parking, lunch and refreshments)
Thursday 30 May 2019
10.00 - 16.00
How to apply
To make a full or provisional booking for this course, please complete the relevant online booking form below:
|May 2019||Book Now||Enquire Now|
For further information
- Email: For all queries regarding administration aspects of registration, i.e. dates, fees, etc. please contact us using the online enquiry form link. For any questions in relation to the course, i.e. content, suitability, assessments, etc. please contact the Programme Leaders directly.
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 32 86927