Professional/Short Course Real Estate Law
Page last updated 18 September 2020
Module counts towards: MSc/PgCert/PgDip Real Estate Finance and Investment (Distance Learning) MSc/PgCert/PgDip Real Estate Management (Distance Learning)
The department of Architecture and Built Environment are pleased to offer a suite of postgraduate level modules in Real Estate Management as continuing professional development (CPD). Offering practical application alongside theoretical underpinning to help develop and broaden your knowledge in the topic.
This suite consists of courses covering the following topics:
Delivered as blended learning over a ten week period, you will have access to your course materials via our online learning platform to work though in your own time, while live webinar sessions, every other week, will provide an opportunity for you to discuss the materials in more depth.
There are no formal entry requirements for participants wishing to undertake this course as a stand-alone CPD course without the optional course assessment.
If you wish to complete the course assessment you are expected to have a first degree at 2.2 level or above (or equivalent) in a related area or alternatively have relevant industrial experience in property.
We strongly recommend that you speak to the course tutor prior to the course if you are unsure about your suitability to complete the assessment.
This course is designed as an overview of Real Estate Law as it is practised by property professionals, covering the following areas:
- property law
- commercial and residential landlord and tenant
- contract law
- tort law
- professional negligence
- environmental law
- professional ethics and the conveyancing process
It is delivered in a helpful, practical way by an experienced property lawyer and focusses on the key issues encountered in practice.
Submit an Enquiry Form to receive our Course Brochure with further details about the course and assessment options.
Learning and Teaching
With an online course you have the flexibility to fit your studies around personal and professional commitments, with access to our learning resources any time and from anywhere in the world. Studying while you work also provides valuable opportunities to apply what you have learned directly to your role. We use the latest online learning technology to make your distance learning experience as effective and rewarding as our traditionally taught courses.
You'll have access to recorded lectures from leading academics in the real estate management industry. Alongside these recorded lectures, you'll be able to attend 5 one-hour live webinar workshops, every other week, via 'Blackboard Collaborate'. This comprehensive learning platform provides your entire course content, and puts you in contact with your tutor and fellow students.
We assess your work through a variety of coursework assignments, including essays, reports, surveys and presentations. We also encourage you to do 'formative work' to prepare for assessment. This does not count towards final marks, but the feedback you receive helps improve your performance.
The assignment is based around two elements: legal research on some aspect of the law; and interpretation of legal documents.
For individuals attending without undertaking the assessment, this course counts as formal CPD required by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
If you undertake the module accreditation and decide to continue with your studies, this module can be used towards our following awards:
- MSc Real Estate Finance and Investment (distance learning programme) is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and the Investment Property Forum.
- MSc/PgCert/PgDip Real Estate Management (distance learning programme) is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- MSc/PgCert/PgDip Professional Development
UWE Bristol has invested significantly in online resources to support your distance learning study. We use the 'Blackboard Collaborate' online platform to deliver an integrated learning experience to you and you also have access to a vast number of professional and academic journals and databases online through the UWE Bristol library.
Find out more about the facilities and resources UWE has to offer.
Prices and dates
Supplementary fee information
To online materials
from 28 September 2020
Webinar (live session), every other week on Thursdays
22 October 2020 to
17:30 - 18:30
All prices are VAT exempt
|UK/EU students fee||£792|
|International students fee||£792|
For information on fees, managing your money and determining your fee status, please go to our fees and funding pages.
How to apply
How to apply
As this module carries university accreditation, please note that once you have submitted your booking form, you will be required to provide the following supporting information to the administration team for the module tutor to be able to review and formally accept your application as required by the university:
- An up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae (including contact details of a work or academic reference)
- A brief personal statement to support your application
- A copy of your highest qualification certificate and transcript of modules studied
- A copy of photographic proof of ID (i.e. driver's licence/passport). For non UK students, this must be a copy of your passport
|September 2020||Book Now||Enquire Now|
For further information
- Email: For specific questions in relation to the course, i.e. content, suitability, assessments, etc. please contact programme leaders Thomas Appleby (Thomas.email@example.com) or Grazyna Wiejak-Roy (firstname.lastname@example.org). For all queries regarding administration aspects of registration, i.e. dates, fees, etc. please contact us using the online enquiry form link or telephone number below.
- Telephone: +44 (0)117 3286 927